- Kudos to Merriam-Webster for being one of the only online dictionaries to indicate the distinction between blonde and blond.
- Blond comes from French, in which it has masculine and feminine forms.
- Will you be ridiculed if you don’t use blonde and blond in their gender-specific forms? Probably not. Is it cool to know the difference? Definitely.
Ahhh! So I’m a dumb ‘blond’!
- Although some people (including teachers) claim that “whom” is no longer relevant (i.e., no one uses it, and no one knows how to use it properly), standardized exams include questions that test whether you know the difference between the two!
- If this is still confusing to you, rephrase your sentence to avoid the entire who vs. whom problem.